Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
The Caravan Project is a small charity with big ambition. Our aim is to provide families living in poverty and facing challenging circumstances with a much needed break from home. Our mission is to live in a world where every family can enjoy the benefits that a break from home can bring. To help us looking for volunteers to help grow.
We are looking for enthusiastic, community-focused Writer who can create content for our newsletters and press releases to engage our network of partner organisations and funders.
It is the perfect opportunity to build your portfolio while contributing to society.
• A full induction
• Full training on all aspects of the role
• You will receive briefing information and time frames for the project.
• On-going support with an allocated person from the Caravan Project.
• Opportunities to become involved in other Caravan Project activities.
• Working with our volunteer graphics designer to create exciting, regular newsletters to engage our network of partner organisations and funders.
• Working with news outlets to write press releases.
• Thinking of creative ways convey our service user’s stories.
• Understanding the Caravan Project’s needs, goals and audience to write appropriate materials.
• Creatively using evaluation and interview data in projects.
• Reviewing and editing work in response to feedback.
Once you have applied for this opportunity using the button below, you will be contacted within 5 working days and invited to come in for an informal chat and a cup of tea where you will have the opportunity to find out more about the role and the organisation. If you have not heard anything within this time please contact Volunteer Glasgow.
201 Alderman Road, G133DD
• The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to society
• Building your portfolio
• Understanding of the functions of the Caravan Project
• Utilising your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
• The opportunity to meet new people and speak to people about the work of the charity
• The opportunity to attend networking events and galas
• The Caravan Project will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role
• Reimbursement for any expenses incurred (with prior agreement)
• Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
• Professional approach to time keeping and deadlines.
• Comfortable talking to people.
• Enthusiastic about the Caravan Project’s work.
• Someone who has an understanding of the issues preventing families from participating in holidays.
• Passionate about social welfare issues.
• A personal and friendly manner.
• Organisational skills
• Flexibility to be called upon when needed
• An honest and trustworthy nature
Our nearest train station is Scotstounhill (about a 10 minute walk) or you can reach us by buses X4, 1C or 3 from the city centre.
Writing,Creative Writing,community project,Low income families,Disabiltiy,Mental Health,Holidays,Social Tourism,Communication,Creativity
You must be over 16 years old
Accessible Expenses Paid
Open from Tuesday 1st January 2019 to Friday 1st January 2021
Closing on Thursday 31st December 2020 in 648 days.
201 Alderman Road, G133DD