Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Graphic Design Volunteer
The Caravan Project is a small charity with big ambition. Our aim is to provide families living in poverty and facing challenging circumstances with a much needed break from home. Our mission is to live in a world where every family can enjoy the benefits that a break from home can bring. We are looking for volunteers to help us grow.
We are looking for enthusiastic, community-focused Graphic Designer who can design posters, newsletters and other materials in order to engage with Caravan Project service users, funders and partner organisations. It is the perfect opportunity to build your portfolio while contributing to society.
• A full induction
• Full training on all aspects of the role
• You will receive briefing information and time frames for the project.
• On-going support with an allocated person from the Caravan Project.
• Opportunities to become involved in other Caravan Project activities.
• Designing posters and flyers to promote our events.
• Presenting design ideas to the Caravan Project team
• Working with our photographers and writers to create exciting, regular newsletters to engage our network of partner organisations and funders.
• Thinking of creative ways to promote our events, news and service user stories.
• Working closely with the Project Support Officer to design useful materials which improve the customer’s experience.
• Understanding the Caravan Project’s needs, goals and audience to design appropriate materials.
• Working to the Caravan Projects visual brand.
Once you have applied for this opportunity using the button below, you will be contacted within 5 working days and invited to come in for an informal chat and a cup of tea where you will have the opportunity to find out more about the role and the organisation. If you have not heard anything within this time please contact Volunteer Glasgow.
201 Alderman Road, G133DD
• The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to society
• Building your portfolio
• Understanding of the functions of the Caravan Project.
• The experience of designing a range of materials.
• Utilising your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
• The opportunity to meet new people and speak to people about the work of the charity
• The opportunity to attend networking events and galas
• The Caravan Project will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role
• Reimbursement for any expenses incurred (with prior agreement)
• Be part of a team of volunteers and meet new people
• Professional approach to time keeping and deadlines.
• Comfortable talking to people
• Flexible and willing to volunteer indoors and outdoors
• Enthusiastic about the Caravan Project and helping at events
• Willing to volunteer as part of a team.
• Someone who has an understanding of the issues preventing families from participating in holidays.
• Passionate about social welfare issues.
• A personal and friendly manner
• Organisational skills
• Confidence to interact with the public
• Flexibility to be called upon when needed
• An honest and trustworthy nature
Our nearest train station is Scotstounhill (about a 10 minute walk) or you can reach us by buses X4, 1C or 3 from the city centre.
design,graphic design,poster design,community project
You must be over 16 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible Expenses Paid
Open from Wednesday 16th January 2019 to Friday 1st January 2021
Closing on Friday 1st January 2021 in 649 days.
201 Alderman Road, G133DD